||7 years ago|
|bin||7 years ago|
|README.md||7 years ago|
|xorg.conf||7 years ago|
Structure of code
Main components of this project are three:
- Processing code taking care of visuals (in folder pde/)
- SuperCollider code - generative and live sound, GUI interface for touchscreen (in folder scd/)
- Renoise module - composition (sound) and midi triggers for Processing/visuals (in foder rnx/)
- dat/ contains some data for SuperCollider (for now)
- smp/ contains samples for SuperCollider
- doc/ contains some simple documentation (this file!)
- dev/ is some development code (may not be in git)
- textures for Processing are in pde/IF3Si/images and may not be in git)
How is this run?
Hardware setup contains of a computer running a capable OpenGL card (Nvidia?) with two displays. One is a multitouch display device (1920x1080 but not necessary), the other is either a simple display monitor or a projector capable of 60fps at FullHD (1080p). Underlaying OS is Linux.
I personally do the following - I access everything through a remote laptop, loging in through ssh and running:
(this is actually not very necessary, but the following is:
~/.processing/preferences.txt and change
run.display=1 accordingly. I have it on 1, since 0 is my 'primary' display, which is the touchscreen.
See an example xorg.conf
Processing applet is run remotely by using two small bash scripts:
- processing-runsketch.sh *:
#!/bin/bash if [[ -z $1 ]]; then echo "error. no argument." echo "need the sketch path" else export DISPLAY=":0" ~/src/processing-2.2.1/processing-java \ --force \ --sketch=$1 \ --run \ --output=$1/output fi``` and * processing-runsketch_IF3.sh *: ```#!/bin/bash while (true) do # clear processing-runsketch.sh ~/PROJECTS/IF3Si/pde/IF3Si/ echo echo "~~~ Program has quit. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - " echo done``` .